Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Reflecting back on 2013


The last day of 2013 has arrived and it's time to reflect on the year that has gone by so quickly.  For me, 2013 has been a year of change, challenges,heartbreak ... loss. Yet, also a year of amazing friends, wonderful family, tremendous strength and new beginnings.
I never thought so much could change in just 365 days. Our family lost 2 amazing christian men this year, my uncles Lucian Richey and Clyde Martin . My life and soul is much better having each of them in my world. I watched and waited as their families exhausted themselves caring for and loving them both to the very end. 
My aunts Louise and Ruth both have lost the loves of their lives, yet remain strong in their faith and love of God as they struggle through through their husband. I only hope to, one day , follow in the wonderful example my aunts have given me in the way they live their lives.


 




My sister-in-law lost a dear brother, Harry, after a long struggle with a painful disease, my dear friends Linda and Carolyn lost their husbands, my daughter-in -law Natasha lost her grandfather. Long time friends at work left us too early. Though the loss hurts, we go on each day keeping their memories alive in our hearts. 


                                






My sweet, furry feline friend Simon, walked across Rainbow Bridge,leaving a big cat shaped hole in my heart. This big ,cuddly kitty was a dear,sweet and loyal  friend till the very end. I miss him every day.



My life has changed drastically this year. As my marriage ended, so did my life as I had known it. Divorce is like a death in a way...you cry, you learn to let go, you mourn...and you learn to move on day by day.
If I haven't learned a thing this year, I have learned  the value of family , friends and God through all of this.
My sanity was saved many a time on the shoulders of my true friends. My heart is mending in the love of my Mother and Daddy and my family. My soul is saved and comforted in the arms of my Savior, Jesus Christ.  I have learned more this year than ever that I am a VERY BLESSED woman. 

My handsome grandson turned 8. My beautiful granddaughter had her 1st birthday!
They are both blessed with amazing parents that love them!


                  
Shawn
Preslie

 


And now a new year is about to begin and the slate is clean for new beginnings. I look forward to
what is ahead in the coming year.  A new baby on the way in for my niece Brittany, more birthdays, more celebrations ... 
We never know what the future brings. Live each moment to it's fullest. Spend every possible moment with the ones you love most and always tell them you love them. Remember to put God first!
  I may not have much, but I have all I need right here in my heart.
  I have what matters!






No comments:

Post a Comment