Monday, October 11, 2010

Nick and The Bear



"What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."


~Nick Saban~

"Losing doesn't make me want to quit. It makes me want to fight that much harder."

~Bear Bryant~

"Football games are generally won by the boys with the greatest desire."
~
Bear Bryant~


"I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games."

~Bear Bryant~

"I always want my players to show class, knock'em down, pat on the back, and run back to the huddle."


                                                    ~Bear Bryant~


"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards."
~Bear Bryant~

"Losing doesn't make me want to quit. It makes me want to fight that much harder."

~Bear Bryant~



“The formula for success is every guy can make a difference for the entire team in whatever his role is. And to do it right, to get it right, is a critical factor in being successful."


~Nick Saban~


"It’s awfully important to win with humility. It’s also important to lose. I hate to lose worse than anyone, but if you never lose you won’t know how to act. If you lose with humility, then you can come back."



                                                   ~Bear Bryant~
If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes 
really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win games for you.
~Bear Bryant~


"In life, you'll have your back up against the wall many times. You might as well get used to it."
~Bear Bryant~






Set goals - high goals for you and your organization. When your organization has a goal to shoot for, you create teamwork, people working for a common good.
~Bear Bryant~




 "If wanting to win is a fault, as some of my critics seem to insist, then I plead guilty. I like to win. I know no other way. It’s in my blood."
                      ~Bear Bryant~

"If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password,
 Roll, tide, roll!"


~Bear Bryant~



“It doesn’t matter what you are ranked until the end”
~Nick Saban~




1 comment:

  1. BAMA fans are a blessed lot. We have memories of, and the wisdom of Paul "Bear" Bryant, out there in front of us, like a beacon in a lighthouse. When the storm rages and waves carry us farther out to sea, that beacon lights our way back to the beach where we put out feet back on the ground and steadying ourselves , we become once again.... ALABAMA!! WE're # 1!!!

    ReplyDelete